This is a tour that has it all. All the best sites of Mossman Gorge, Cape Tribulation and a Daintree River cruise. It even starts with a traditional “Welcome to country” ceremony performed by the traditional owners. The best, most respectful and appropriate way to start your day in the Daintree Rainforest.
DAINTREE RIVER & MOSSMAN GORGE - HALF-DAY MORNING TOUR
- Pick up from your accommodation*
- Daintree River Cruise
- Tea, coffee or popper and a lamington
- Mossman Gorge Guided Walk and Swim
- Drop off at your accommodation*
- Not suitable for infants
- Adult Ages 15+
- Child Ages 3-14
- Family 2 Adults & 2 Children (4 People Total)
- Private Charter available
Gorgeous Daintree River and Mossman Gorge Tours
This is a great Daintree half day tour for those who are short on time, or want to get out and enjoy the rainforest in the morning with plenty of time left for the rest of the day! You visit two areas on this trip, Daintree River and Mossman Gorge, with your personal tour guide.
- You will get picked up from your accommodation in Port Douglas by your personal guide for the morning. If you are driving up from Cairns we will meet you at the Wildlife Habitat Carpark.
- We drive north along the Captain Cook Highway, passing cane fields on the way to the Daintree River, and share a little history and many interesting facts along the way.
- We set off on a Daintree River cruise looking out for all manner of creatures, including the estuarine crocodile, snakes, birds, frogs, and more.
- Morning tea with a lamington before heading back down south to the beautiful Mossman Gorge.
- We arrive at Mossman Gorge, which is the southern part of the Daintree Rainforest. Your guide will take you on a walk and share their knowledge of the local flora and fauna and answer any questions you may have. This is an easy 500m return walk mostly along boardwalks.
- You can enjoy a swim in the crystal-clear rainforest stream, which can be quite refreshing, whilst being surrounded by the beautiful and healing Mossman Gorge rainforest. What a great way to spend a morning!
- After a morning of discovering the Daintree Rainforest we will drop you off at your accommodation or car.
What to Bring
- Swimwear and towel
- Sensible shoes
- Hat and sunscreen
- Daintree National Park Access
- Mossman Gorge walk and swim
- River Cruise plus morning tea
- Chilled drinking water on board
- Use of raincoats and umbrellas
- Insect repellent
- Pick-up and drop-off at your accommodation
* We pick up from all resorts, apartments, holiday homes and caravan parks in Port Douglas and surrounding area. If you are staying in Cairns we invite you to make your own way to Port Douglas by rental car or local shuttle and meet us at the Wildlife Habitat Carpark.
Swimming is weather and river level dependent.