This is a great tour for those of you who only want to spend a half day out, are short on time, or want to enjoy a nice sleep-in while on holiday!
FULL-DAY DAINTREE RAINFOREST TOUR
- Pick up from your accommodation*
- Welcome to Country
- Mossman Gorge Guided Walk (500m return)
- Morning Tea
- Daintree Ferry Crossing
- Jindalba Guided Walk (650m return)
- Gourmet made-to-order lunch
- Rainforest Creek Swim
- Cape Tribulation Beach
- Daintree Ice Cream*
- Alexandra Lookout
- Daintree River Cruise
- Drop off at your accommodation*
- Adult Ages 15+
- Child Ages 10-14
- Full Day Private Charter Up to 10 Guests price from
Daintree Rainforest Discovery
The Daintree Rainforest is the oldest continual living Rainforest in the world, and this is your opportunity to truly discover this World Heritage Listed area in a small group and with your personal tour guide.
- You will get picked up from your accommodation in Port Douglas by your personal guide for the day. If you are driving up from Cairns we will meet you at the Wildlife Habitat Carpark.
- We will start the day in the Daintree with a Traditional Welcome to Country and Smoking Ceremony. Conducted by the local traditional Kuku Yalanji people, this will ward off any ‘bad’ spirits.
- We will then head into the Mossman Gorge National Park, which is the southern part of the Daintree Rainforest. Your guide will share their knowledge of the local flora and fauna with you and answer any questions you may have. This is an easy 500m return walk mostly along boardwalks.
- We enjoy a delicious Morning Tea at the Mossman Gorge Visitors Centre. Your choice of plunger coffee or Daintree Tea with a traditional damper served with jam, honey and cream.
- Next, we head along the Captain Cook Hwy through the township of Mossman and past the cane fields up to the mighty Daintree River. We make our way across the Daintree River onboard the famous Daintree Ferry and enjoy the beautiful views up and down the river.
- You will enjoy a guided walk along the Jindalba Boardwalk, our favourite Daintree walk. With an abundance of flora and fauna to discover, you will get a real understanding of how the Daintree Rainforest lives. This is an easy 650m return boardwalk.
- For lunch we head to the On The Turps Restaurant located at the Heritage Lodge. Enjoy a delicious cooked to order lunch in this open air restaurant nestled in the rainforest along the Cooper Creek.
- After lunch you are welcome to enjoy a refreshing swim in Cooper Creek. This beautiful rainforest creek is easy to access via a path from the restaurant and free of crocodiles. Relax and enjoy the tranquillity.
- It’s now time to head off towards Cape Tribulation, the area famous for the saying where the “Rainforest meets the Reef.” You have time for a walk along the beach or to the lookout, an area steeped in history that is explained by your knowledgeable tour guide.
- On the way back to the Daintree River we stop for Ice Cream flavoured with locally grown tropical fruits. A real treat while on holiday!
- And a stop at the Alexandra Lookout to take in the beautiful views of the Rainforest and a stunning vista that extends past Cairns in the distance.
- Back at the Daintree River where we will meet our Wildlife Cruise searching for snakes, beautiful birds and of course the mighty saltwater crocodiles.
- With the afternoon sun lighting up the hills on the way home, creating the most stunning views, this is your last opportunity to ask your guide any burning questions about the Daintree Rainforest and local area.
- After a full day of discovering the Daintree Rainforest we will drop you off at your accommodation or car.
What to Bring
- Swimwear and towel
- Sensible shoes
- Hat and sunscreen
- National Park access
- All activities part of the tour
- Morning tea and lunch
- Chilled drinking water on board
- Insect repellent
- Use of raincoats and umbrellas
- Pick-up and drop-off at your accommodation
* We pick up from all resorts, apartments, holiday homes and caravan parks in Port Douglas and surrounding area. If you are staying in Cairns we invite you to make your own way to Port Douglas by rental car or local shuttle and meet us at the Wildlife Habitat Carpark