This is a great tour for those of you who only want to spend a half day out, are short on time, or want to enjoy a nice sleep-in while on holiday!
- Aerial walk
- River cruise and tea
- Rainforest walk
- 4WD safari-style travel
- Waterfall swim
Explore the Sights & Sounds of Daintree on a Tour & River Cruise
Experience this magnificent area rather than just looking, all in the comfort of our luxury eight-seater Mercedes Valente! It’s a great place to be first thing in the morning, absorbing all the sights and sounds of the forest and birds.
- Your day begins at 7:30 in the morning with your guide taking you out to the beautiful Mossman Gorge. You are given an introduction to the rainforest here while walking along the new aerial walkway!
- Next, we head along the Captain Cook Hwy through the township of Mossman and past the cane fields up to the mighty Daintree River. Here we have morning tea, including the great Aussie Lamington and a cruise along the river enjoying the riverine environment, all the while keeping an eye out for the area’s wildlife. We may see a snake laying on a branch of a tree, a green tree frog, or the estuarine crocodile.
- After the cruise, it is off towards Cape Tribulation, the area famous for the saying where the “Rainforest meets the Reef.” You have time for a walk along the beach or to the lookout, an area steeped in history that is explained by your knowledgeable tour guide.
- After leaving Cape Tribulation, we then travel to our very own Daintree hideaway, a private lunch site surrounded by rainforest and a rainforest stream. Hear the natural sounds of the forest while eating a sumptuous lunch and chatting with your new friends for the day.
- Here, you can walk along a rainforest track to truly get an insight into the world’s oldest continual living rainforest.
- This is a fascinating area full of history and amazing plants and animals, including one of the largest birds in the world, the cassowary.
- After lunch, we’re off to the famous Daintree Ice Cream Company, where you can purchase a tropical fruit ice cream on our way to the stunning Cassowary Falls.
- Here, we jump into our soft-top Land Rover for a 4WD ride along the tracks and through the creeks of River Home Cattle Station towards the falls.
- The waterfall has been featured in various television shows, so as you can imagine, it is a very special location.
- Go for a swim, feed the fish and turtles, or just sit back and enjoy the beautiful surroundings. What a memorable way to end the day before heading back home to Port Douglas!
What to Bring
- Swimwear and towel
- Sensible shoes
- Hat and sunscreen
- Morning tea and lunch
- Drinking water
- Insect repellent
- Use of binoculars and books